From Whispers to Roars

Does a Sex Offender live near me? Is there an AMBER Alert? What do I do if someone is Missing? What are legislators doing for me and my family? Find out here! From Whispers to Roars, Be the Change you want to see in the World.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ali Lisha Gilmore is still Missing in the Media.



Ali Lisha Gilmore is still Missing in the Media.

Sad to say that there is still not one new story on pregnant 30 year old Ali Gilmore. While getting updates on Jennifer, which there were plenty including the SWAT Team being called in, I searched those sites which had at least 20 stories on Jennifer for even one on Ali. I wasn’t surprised to find none. So in my frustration I sent each station a copy of my original post. And I added it was a sad state of affairs in this day and age where money and prestige decide who gets press and who doesn’t. As I rant I hope you realize I am referring to adult victims. Children have a much better chance especially if they are lucky enough to qualify for an AMBER Alert. But I won’t go there right now.


I don’t believe Florida is racist, many states play this who ever has the biggest wallet wins game. But especially during Black History month most media outlets like to prove they believe we are all created equal on their outlet. And tend to post more black oriented stories. We aren’t stupid or blind we know they compete in that manner. So why pass up the perfect story. An attractive black woman, vanishes without a single clue and is 4 months pregnant. They usually salivate over tragedies such as this. Don’t get me wrong I do not for one second find any pleasure in the fact that Ali is missing. Also I am not trying to take away from the fact the Jennifer is missing, in my eyes she too is Important. For one reason, like many of the Missing People, she did not choose for this to happen to her. What I am hoping is that someone who reads this will be as infuriated as I am and help bring her story to the front page where it belongs.


I look at Ali’s picture and I see someone who is loved and missed. I see sisters who cry uncontrollably at her candle light vigil begging for help. Missing her inspirational emails each day that lifted them spiritually and emotionally. Now my question: What do you see?


Most important what do the media moguls see?
Do they see her at all?

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, March 06, 2006 8:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for posting Ali I'isha Gilmore on your web page. Our chances increase the more we get her face out to the public.

    Husband
    James

     
  • At Monday, March 06, 2006 8:35:00 AM, Blogger From Whispers to Roars Admin said…

    Anything we can do to help, just name it. We also have full coverage of the delayed responce of the media on our main forum. I'm just glad she is finally being taken seriously as a Missing person. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Delicious Bookmark this on Delicious